Date: Sunday, July 8th, 2007 Time: 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM
Speaker: Scott Berlin
Studies have shown when people are asked to rank things they fear most, Speaking in Public is always near the top of the list, often higher than death. Learning techniques of how to speak and present in public will dramatically reduce your fear. In this presentation Mr. Berlin will teach you how to give a professional presentation. You will learn how to effectively organize your presentation beginning with the all important, powerful opening. You will learn which is the best AV equipment to use to best support your key points. You will be taught simple, easy to remember acronyms that will help you build a great presentation. Come and find out what KILL, KISS, the 3T's, the 3D's and FUR are. As well as what are the openers suicide.
Scott Berlin has been teaching presentation skills for over twelve years in both academic and business settings. He currently is teaching at Tokai University in Shimizu.
Organization: Shizuoka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Shizuoka JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 Yen
Venue: Kyouiku Kaikan(across from Shin-Shizuoka)in the basement, (Five minutes walk north from JR station).
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Shizuoka JALT
Email QR Code: