Language Learning Styles and Strategies
Date: Sunday, November 11th, 2007 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Louis Butto
In the classroom, sometimes we find some of our students highly motivated and some of them not. Of course, there might be various reasons for this, but one may be attributed to different individual learning styles. In the first part of the presentation, there will be discussion of diverse learning styles that exist, and a range of instruments used to garner information about them from the students. Then, we will consider how to adjust our classes to reach as many students as possible. This focuses on what the teacher can do. In the second half of the presentation, we will look at what the student can do. That is, we will explore the different language learning strategies that exist to help students improve their potential for success in learning.
Organization: Himeji Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Himeji JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Hanakita Shimin Hiroba (Located directly across from Nozato Station on the Bantan Line. Plenty of free parking.) Bantan Line train leaves Himeji Station at 13:46
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Himeji JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0792-92-8808