Teaching International Relations through English: Can It Be Done?
Date: Sunday, November 11th, 2007 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Leo Yoffe, Lecturer, Waseda University
The presentation will explore the challenges of teaching international relations, and content more broadly, in the Japanese EFL environment. Leo Yoffe discusses his experience of teaching a course on Canada-Japan diplomatic relations and how content-based instruction can contribute to developing students' language and critical thinking.
Leo Yoffe has taught EFL in Japan for 15 years. He also worked as a diplomat at the Embassy of Canada in Tokyo. Currently he is a full-time lecturer at the School of Commerce of Waseda University.
Organization: Gunma Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gunma JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Maebashi Kyoai Gakuen College, 1154-4 Koyahara-machi, Maebashi, Gunma (tel: 027-266-7575)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gunma JALT
Email QR Code: