Teaching Children: Approach, Curriculum and Classroom Control
Date: Sunday, November 4th, 2007 Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Speaker: Lesley Ito
Teaching Children: Approach, Curriculum and Classroom Control How can a teacher keep control of the children's English class in order to create a good learning environment? How should teachers of children approach their lessons? And how do you create an effective and consistent curriculum that can enable even new teachers to express their creativity in the class? Get the inside scoop on these questions and more from a teacher and school owner with 15 years of experience in Japan.
Lesley Ito is the owner of BIG BOW English Lab in Nagoya (www.bigbowenglish.com) and has been a school owner and EFL teacher in Japan for over 15 years. She has written numerous articles about teaching and managing schools and has made teacher training presentations all over Japan.
Organization: Hamamatsu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hamamatsu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: first time -- free, second time 1,000 yen
Venue: Zaza City East Tower, "Palette" 6th floor
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hamamatsu JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 053-460-7956
Mobile phone: 090-9891-4844