Unions and You
Date: Saturday, November 17th, 2007 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Michael 'Rube' Redfield
Professor Rube Redfield will talk about unions in Japan and what they can, and cannot, do for you.
Topics he will cover include:
1. Rights of union members as opposed to non-union teachers.
2. Case studies of union success stories; his and others.
3a. Case studies of union failures, and the reasons why they failed.
3b. The importance of joining a union before problems occur.
4. The nuts and bolts of joining and forming unions/branches for educational workers in Japan.
Rube Redfield works at three universities in Osaka and has had a long involvement with unions in Japan. He is a member of the IWW (Industrial Workers of the World) and Head of the Trans National Caucus, Educational Workers Amalgamated Union (EWA).
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Sankaku A Bldg. 2F, near Omotecho in Okayama City
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: