Shaping Teaching to fit Theories of Learning
Date: Saturday, June 21st, 2008 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Curtis Kelly
Brain studies have given us a better picture of how learning occurs, but classroom methods have not kept pace. In this workshop, the presenters will review the fundamentals of learning ? including multisensory input, deep processing, and meaningfulness and examine multiple intelligences as a model for learning. Participants will then discuss teaching approaches that take these discoveries into account. Participants will be asked to redesign traditional lessons to better fit what we are discovering about learning.
Please note the change of time and venue.
Organization: Kobe Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kobe JALT)
Venue: Kobe International House (Kokusai Kaikan) Gokodori 8-1-6, Chuo-ku, Kobe 651-0087. Tel: 078-231-8161
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kobe JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: