The Active Learner: A Classroom Teacher's Perspective
Date: Sunday, April 13th, 2008 Time: 2:15 PM - 4:20 PM
Speaker: Paul G. Batten, Faculty of Education, Kagawa University (MacMillan Languagehouse)
Batten will discuss how he used The Active Learner in classes of varying levels. This text focuses on communicative strategies to help learners become more independent and confident in English. He will discuss using the text, how it went, testing it, and students' reactions to the focus on their L2 strategies, and not their knowledge of the language.
Organization: Matsuyama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Matsuyama JALT)
Venue: Shinonome High School Kinenkan 4F
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Matsuyama JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 089-946-0885
Phone (work): 089-931-6211