Choice in the Children's Classroom
Date: Sunday, April 13th, 2008 Time: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Speaker: Chris Hunt
Human bengs thrive on choice. Choice stimulates, choice engages. We all have a need for autonomy and children are no different. But giving children real choice can be a headache for the dedicated teacher. This workshop aims to show how to maximize learning through maximizing choice, and since expereince is the highest form of learning, that means starting as we mean to go on!
If you want to have a choice about the activities presented at the workshop then visit Chris' website.
About the speaker: Chris Hunt has been working with children in Japan for around 15 years. He believes that the less teachers teach, the more children can learn. Chris is also an advocate for non-competitive games, co-operative learning and democratic learning. He runs a small English school, Wise Hat English, with his wife, Hideko Kato and has a website full of teaching ideas, www.wisehat.com.
Organization: ETJ Hiroshima (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Hiroshima)
Cost: 500 yen
Venue: David English House, 3F Polesta Building, Nakamachi 7-5, Hiroshima
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Hiroshima
Email QR Code: