Nakasendo English Conference:
The Nakasendo English Conference
Date: Saturday, June 21st, 2008 Time: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Featured Tim Murphey. Also speaking: Junko Machida, Leander S. Hughes, Mehran Sabet and Kent Hill, Kenneth Biegel, Alastair Graham-Marr and April Morley
As we are aware, numerous organizations in Japan, both at the regional level and at the national level are in the business of teaching English. Each works in a unique environment and serves a unique constituency and therefore each has an expertise. The purpose of this conference is to make connections. Through our participation in this conference we will forge relationships, share ideas and gain new perspectives on the art of teaching English. Toward this end we have gathered together teachers from both large and small organizations in the Kanto area (Saitama, Yokohama, Gunma) to present on what they are currently doing and their vision of English teaching. We have a variety of learning and teaching environments represented too.
1. Demonstrate that inter-organisational co-operation is possible.
2. Establish inter-organisational relationships in Kanto.
3. Provide opportunities for members to share their experiences through giving and attending presentations.
4. Provide support for the continued growth and prosperity of all participating organizations.
Participating organizations: JALT Omiya, JALT Junior and Senior High School Special Interest Group, The Association of Japan Exchange and Teaching (AJET), The English Teacher and Learner Cooperative (eTLC), Elementary School Thematic English Education Movement (ESTEEM).
Participating Sponsors: ABAX, English Education Press, Macmillan Language House and Aston University. Please visit the Nakasendo English Conference web page for more information as well as detailed directions to the event.
Organization: Nakasendo English Conference
Cost: Nakasendo English Conf. Members: Pre-registered: 1,500 yen, On-site: 2,000 yen (JALT, AJET, ESTEEM, eTLC, Seigakuin students)
Non-members: 3,000 yen (non-member of any cosponsor organization)
Venue: Seigakuin University, 1-1 Tosaki, Ageo, Saitama 362-8585
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nakasendo English Conference
Email QR Code: