Web-logs (Blogs) for the language classroom: a Workshop
Date: Friday, June 20th, 2008 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Marlen Harrison
This highly interactive, hands-on workshop will introduce the "blog" and examine how it may be used in the language classroom as a transformative writing genre that aids community development and student expression. Participants will create their own blogs and critically examine technology use in education.
Organization: Wakayama Chapter of JALT (Wakayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Kaichi High School, Multi-media room
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.