Two Christmas Activities
Date: Saturday, October 11th, 2008 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Christopher Carman, Margaret Orleans
Although Christmas may still seem a long way off, it's never too early to start preparing for the day! This month we have a couple of activities guaranteed to bring some seasonal cheer into the classroom, as well as help your students gain a better understanding of the whole Christmas experience.
Merry Christmas, Mr. Bean: Find all the Christmas iconography in the short video "Merry Christmas, Mr. Bean". Determine which icons are religious and which are secular. Create a narration and dialogue for the silent film.
Illustrated Christmas Carol Titles: Match the punny illustrations with the names of traditional and offbeat Christmas songs. There's no need to be familiar with the songs themselves for this activity.
Organization: Kitakyushu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kitakyushu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Kitakyushu International Conference Center, room 31 (a 5-minute walk from the Kokura train station for shinkansen, JR train)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kitakyushu JALT
Email QR Code: