CLT in ELT in Vietnamese Schools: Reality and Solutions
Date: Friday, November 7th, 2008 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Tran Van Phuoc
The research analyzes 5 aspects and 38 problems related to
(1) teachers' understanding of CLT in ELT and their actual performance in the classroom,
(2) teachers' organization of teaching activities in class,
(3) existing textbooks and teaching-learning materials,
(4) teaching facilities, and
(5) teachers' suggestions.
The presenter goes on to reaffirm the on-going application of CLT and presents some realistic solutions, namely
(1) re-understanding about the principles of CLT,
(2) a methodology appropriate to the Vietnamese context, and
(3) an interlingual Vietnamese-English.
Organization: Kobe Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kobe JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: 8th floor room 4, Kobe International House (Kokusai Kaikan) Gokodori 8-1-6, Chuo-ku, Kobe 651-0087. Tel: 078-231-8161
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kobe JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: