Content-Based Instruction: A tale with two flavors
Date: Saturday, November 22nd, 2008 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Bobby Mamoru Takahashi and Stephen Shucart
Content-Based Instruction (CBI) is a methodology that utilizes a theme-based curriculum rather than focusing on the traditional forms, functions, situations or skills. We will examine two different types of CBI course: one a four-skills practical English course on the theme of global climate change, and the other a conversation course based on science fiction DVDs.
Both Bobby Mamoru Takahashi and Stephen Shucart teach at Akita Kenritsu University.
Organization: Akita Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Akita JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen for one-day members, 500 yen for students
Venue: Room B103 at AIU (Akita International University)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Akita JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0184-22-1562
Phone (work): 0184-22-1562