English Story Cycle: What, Why and How
Date: Saturday, October 25th, 2008 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Anthony S. Rausch
This presentation will introduce English Story Cycle as an approach to elementary school English in Japan. The presentation will detail what the English Story Cycle idea is, why it is appropriate for elementary school English in Japan, and how to conduct English Story Cycle, either as the basis for the overall curriculum or as a meaningful add-on to any other curriculum. Handouts will be provided, along with materials for a mock English Story Cycle sequence and samples of story books that have been used.
Note 1: Although the books that will be introduced are published by the major textbook publishing companies in Japan, the presenter has no financial interest in the materials.
Note 2: To the degree possible, materials and presentation will be offered bilingually, in English and Japanese.
Speaker: Anthony S. Rausch is a member of the English Department of the Faculty of Education at Hirosaki University. He has taught English in a variety of circumstances and at a variety of levels for over 15 years. His current interests are elementary school English education and teacher training.
Organization: Akita Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Akita JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Room B103 at AIU (Akita International University)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Akita JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0184-22-1562
Phone (work): 0184-22-1562