Intercultural Team Teaching: The Good, the Bad, and the Beautiful!
Date: Saturday, March 14th, 2009 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Sean Mehmet
This interactive presentation, co-hosted by ETJ Nagano, will begin with a brief overview of some of the more widely-recognized theories and paradigms of intercultural communication. These will serve as a theoretical springboard to examine more prevalent and recurring intercultural workplace differences between Japanese Teachers of English (JTEs) and Assistant English Teachers (AETs) or Assistant Language Teachers (ALTs). The final discussion will focus on the practical issues of information dissemination, privacy, and different conceptions of professional conduct.
Organization: Nagano Chapter (formerly the Shinshu Chapter) of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagano JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free for members of JALT or ETJ
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Ueda City Chuo Community Center (Kominkan), 1-2-3 Zaimokucho, Ueda, Nagano
Location: Ueda City, Nagano Prefecture, Japan
Add this to iCal
Add to Outlook
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagano JALT
Email QR Code: