Implementing Differing SLA Theories into Teaching
Date: Saturday, April 10th, 2010 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Matthew J. Jenkins
Based on his Masters study with Monash University, Matthew will start by outlining some of the key differing theories in SLA. As each of the SLA theories is introduced, it will be immediately followed by a discussion on how it can be applied in classrooms, and the difficulties that might be encountered. Matthew Jenkins has university teaching experience, runs an English school with his wife, and teaches both junior high school and elementary school children.
Organization: Kitakyushu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kitakyushu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: 3rd Floor of the International Conference Center, Kokura
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kitakyushu JALT
Email QR Code: