English Teaching Workshop:
Online Workshop: Classroom Management and Organizing Lessons
Date: Thursday, April 22nd, 2010 Time: 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Speaker: Yuco Kikuchi
Not only novice teachers but also experienced teachers sometimes have difficult students in class. Only one difficult child could affect the whole class. In order to be successful in teaching English, we all have to build a good learning community. In this workshop, the facilitator shares tips for the successful young learners class including transitional songs for a smooth flow of lesson. Participants will be singing useful transitional songs through out the workshop.
The topic of this month is "Numbers." Activities that have been effective to practice numbers in meaningful ways using prices and dates will be shown. The workshop will be conducted in Japanese with English assistance by the facilitator.
Streaming Video: You can participate in this workshop from afar at your home, if you are not able to come to the venue all the way. We call this technology "video streaming". What you need are:
1. PC with Windows XP or Windows Vista, or Mac with MacOS X.
2. Broadband circuit; either Fiberoptical cable circuit or ADSL circuit.
3. Windows Media Player (download freely from www.microsoft.com).
4. Skype (an Internet phone; download freely from www.skype.com) for virtual interactivity.
5. Hopefully a headset for your better audibility.
You are welcome to share such opportunities with us on site at the venue or online streamed live over the Internet. Pre-registration is required for both onsite and online participation. Please email Yuco Kikuchi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Organization: English Teaching Workshop
Cost: English Teaching Workshop Members: 2,000 yen for members who pre-register
Non-members: 2,500 yen for non-members, online participants and onsite registration
Venue: Chiyoda Building 1F Address: 2-37 Ichigaya Tamachi, Shinjuku-ku
Location: Tokyo, Tokyo Metropolis, Japan
Add this to iCal
Add to Outlook
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact English Teaching Workshop
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 070-6400-6464