My Share, My Share, My Share from the Univeristy of Shizuoka
Date: Sunday, April 25th, 2010 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Jonathan deHaan, Chris P. Madden, Kent Rhoads
Three University of Shizuoka teachers give three presentations on classroom teaching techniques: Jonathan deHaan will show us how to run a Strategic Interaction program, including using video to record student roleplays, posting said recordings to an online WIKI, and having students write and correct transcriptions afterwards for further teaching and learning opportunities. Chris Madden will then present the results of his ongoing research with the 'communication equation': C S+R and '€śKatakana de Asobo'€ť, used to improve speaking fluency and listening skills. Finally, Kent Rhoads will demonstrates the Fishbowl technique for utilizing peer feedback in speaking activities, including a rubric for pronunciation, vocabulary, grammar points, and other categories.
Organization: Shizuoka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Shizuoka JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Kyouiku Kaikan (across from Shin-Shizuoka) in the basement (5-minute walk north from JR station) map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Shizuoka JALT
Email QR Code: