Becoming a Teacher-Researcher: The First Study
Date: Sunday, April 25th, 2010 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Greg Sholdt
Getting started in action or classroom-based research can be a bewildering endeavor. The goal of this workshop is to provide novice teacher-researchers with a simple and versatile quantitative research design template that can be easily implemented in most language classroom settings. Participants will complete a set of worksheets that outline a clear research plan from research question to data analysis and leave the workshop with an easy-to-follow research plan tailored to their personal interests.
Organization: Hokkaido Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hokkaido JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Hokkai Gakuen Daigaku, Sapporo
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hokkaido JALT
Email QR Code: