Date: Sunday, September 26th, 2010 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Jon Catanzariti
Dealing with lowly motivated or disruptive students can adversely affect teachers, their approach(es) to classes and the classes themselves. By working together with students we can encourage them to take greater responsibility for their education, to reflect on their behaviour and illustrate how this affects their learning. The presenter will introduce techniques currently being used at universities that have produced more positive classroom attitudes, demonstrating how students become motivated to create a positive classroom culture.
Organization: Nagoya Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagoya JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Nagoya International Center, 3F, Lecture Room 2
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagoya JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 052-781-4679
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 090-4265-0526