Getting Back to Basics in English Language Teaching
Date: Saturday, September 18th, 2010 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: David Barker
English language teaching seems to be a steady stream of ever-changing trends. Many highly effective teaching methodologies have fallen out of favour in recent years because they are no longer deemed to be sufficiently 'communicative'. This is often in spite of the fact that a wealth of research evidence exists to show that many of them are, in fact, highly beneficial for learners. David Barker will present a number of 'basic principles' of language learning, and discuss how these can be applied to classroom methodology.
Organization: Gifu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gifu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen - first time visitors are free - please bring a friend or colleague
Venue: Gifu JR Station, Heartful Square, 2F East Wing
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gifu JALT
Email QR Code: