1) Guiding student discussion of graded readers; 2) Demotivation, amotivation or overmotivation? An action research project
Date: Saturday, October 27th, 2012 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: 1) Jason Cox; 2) Peter Burden
1) Guiding student discussion of graded readers
Student discussion of graded readers within an ER course can be enhanced with guidance from the teacher. The presenter will introduce a framework for analysis and discussion of texts.
2) Demotivation, amotivation or overmotivation? An action research project
A study of low-level non-English majors at a national university investigated learners' perceptions of a number of factors including English ability, teacher praise and test frequency. Attributions of success or failure were gauged to determine affective factors including "learned helplessness" which influence motivation.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Notre Dame Seishin University, Logos Hall room 712L
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: