Love That Dog: Making a Difference with Multimedia
Date: Saturday, February 9th, 2013 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Linda K. Kadota
Inspired by Sharon Creech's Love That Dog, this presentation introduces ways to utilize multimedia in classroom activities to add color and fun to reading lessons. Multimedia elements (text, sound, video, animation, and graphics) are combined in ways that hold students' attention by stimulating multiple senses simultaneously. They are powerful tools to help students build analytical reading and writing skills, as well as confidence in their own abilities. Multimedia can make a difference when teaching poetry.
Organization: Kitakyushu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kitakyushu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Wel-Tobata, Tobata, Kitakyushu map
Location: Kitakyushu City, Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan
Add this to iCal
Add to Outlook
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kitakyushu JALT
Email QR Code: