Motivating the unmotivated: Do teachers have to do all the work?
Date: Saturday, December 7th, 2013 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Ken Wilson (author of the Smart Choice series by Oxford University Press)
Okayama JALT is hosting events in two locations this weekend. Okayama on Saturday and Tottori on Sunday. Ken will give two presentations:
Unmotivated students? Make them curious! Ken will suggest ways of motivating and engaging low-level, mixed ability adult learners, demonstrating some pre-skills work preparation that will have students desperate to find out more.
Next, Can improv activities work in Japanese classrooms? Ken will discuss improvisation activities suitable for the Japanese classroom where the language requirement, aims and outcomes are clear and achievable, as well as being fun, memorable and useful.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: Although this event is free, RSVP is requested to be sure of attendance.
Venue: Notre Dame Seishin University. Room 630 ND building (not our usual room, but nearby)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: