Of Asia and Children's Books: The Role of the Asian Festival of Children's Content (AFCC)
Date: Friday, January 10th, 2014 Time: 6:00 PM - 7:45 PM
Speaker: R. Ramachandran, Executive Director of AFCC and Bolormaa Baasansuren and Ganbaatar Ichinnorov, SingTel Asian Picture Book Award Winners for Old City
For many years, children in Asia have read and enjoyed books created by the western world. But with the emergence of writers, illustrators and publishers for children in Asia, and the increasing interest in Asian related content for children, the Asian Festival of Childrenfs Content (AFCC) has been playing a key role in educating, encouraging, and offering opportunities to authors, illustrators, translators and content creators in Asia. Join us to hear R. Ramachandran, Executive Director of this major Singapore-based festival, and share in his vision to bring childrenfs content of Asia to the world. Also presenting will be the Mongolian husband and wife team Bolormaa Baasansuuren and Ganbaatar Ichinnorov, who will discuss the creative process behind Old City, their picture book that won the SingTel Asian Picture Book Award, an award established by and presented at AFCC. Come discover all that AFCC has to offer, and mingle with previous attendees and presenters.
Organization: The Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI) Japan (SCBWI)
Venue: Tokyo Women's Plaza, Conference Room 1, Jingumae 5-53-67 Shibuya, Tokyo (by the Children's Castle and United Nations University) map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 0467-31-6908