Year-end potluck dinner
Date: Sunday, December 22nd, 2013 Time: 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Speaker: Social gathering
JALT members, families, and friends are all invited to share in this informal occasion. Home-cooked turkey as well as soft drinks, coffee, and tea will be provided. Everyone is asked to bring a favorite holiday dish to share with 10 people. In order to guarantee a variety of holiday food, please contact Mary Virgil-Uchida at email@example.com to let her know what dish or food you will be bringing. Those who are not members of JALT are requested to give a donation of 1,000 yen in addition to a holiday dish.
We will once again be holding a silent auction for Project Santa. Every year we make about 20,000 yen which will buy a lot of presents for children who are living in local orphanages. Go through your closets and bring items to donate to the auction.
Please note that the party will be held in the HIS dorm which is to the left of the school. The doors will open at 4:00 and we will start to eat at 5:00. We have made arrangements for use of the gym, so please come early and enjoy a game of kickball or basketball, or just let the kids run around. Itís a good idea to wear warm clothing, and you may want to bring your own slippers or indoor gym shoes.
Organization: Hokkaido Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hokkaido JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Hokkaido International School Dorm
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hokkaido JALT
Email QR Code: