(1) An alternative to speech writing; (2) Get your students hooked on television
Date: Saturday, February 15th, 2014 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: (1) Paul Delaney; (2) Bob Lamitie
An alternative to speech writing by Paul Delaney.
Breaking away from the traditional speech writing format of a high school public speaking course by incorporating task based learning to generate a group presentation in which the students teach the audience how to cook a three course meal.
Get your students hooked on television by Bob Lamitie
Some thoughts on teaching with videos of American TV programs. Why it can be effective and some ideas on keeping their interest and some useful methods.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Notre Dame Seishin University, Logos Hall
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: