Pecha Kucha Event
Date: Saturday, February 15th, 2014 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Wendy Gough, Clair Taylor, Nami Sakata, Naoki Akahane, Corazon Talam Kato, Kim Horne, Seiya Kojima and Satoshi Hoshiai
Speakers from a variety of language teaching and learning perspectives will give dynamic presentations with 20 slides, 20 seconds per slide. There will be plenty of time for q & a. Titles include:
- Techniques for Community Building in Writing Classes (Wendy Gough, Saint Mary College)
- Volunteer Work in English Spaces (Clair Taylor, Naoki Akahane & Nami Sakata, Gifu Shotoku Gakuen University)
- On Professional Development: My Story (Corazon Talam Kato, Chubu Gakuin College)
- Class Activities That Help Us (Seiya Kojima and Satoshi Hoshiai, Gifu Shotoku Gakuen University)
- Conversations across Borders (Kim Horne, Izumi Chuo Kindergarten)
Pecha Kucha is a presentation style in which 20 slides are shown for 20 seconds each (six minutes and 40 seconds in total). The format keeps presentations concise and fast-paced (Wikipedia).
Organization: Gifu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gifu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (first time free)
Venue: JR Gifu Station Heartful Square 2F East Wing
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gifu JALT
Email QR Code: