English Proficiency Tests for Japanese Students
Date: Sunday, June 16th, 2002 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Laura McGregor
This presentation aims to address areas of concern that teachers who make and give language tests, and who give commercial language tests, have about the tests and what the results of these tests mean. It will begin with an overview of some general principles of language testing, with particular attention to the language testing climate in Japan. Then the presenter will discuss the STEP test as a proficiency instrument, focussing on the second-stage interview test. Next, she will introduce other language testing options, including the Cambridge Young Learners of English (CYLE) test, the Cambridge KET and PET tests, and the new TOEIC Bridge Test. Handouts and a list of URLs of language testing sites will be provided.
Organization: Fukui Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Fukui JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Fukui International Association
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Fukui JALT
Email QR Code: