Introducing Hap Palmer to Japan: Learning Skills and Values through movement and music
Date: Saturday, January 9th, 2016 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Judy Yoneoka (Kumamoto Gakuen University)
Hap Palmer is a veteran children's musician who has produced countless videos, CDs and DVDs over his career. His innovative style has won him many teaching awards, and many of the songs are appropriate for ELT in Japan as well. This 2-hour workshop will introduce some pieces that may be appropriate for English learner of various ages and levels, focusing on basic reading and vocabulary skills for younger learners and introducing intercultural awareness, values, and skills of self-esteem and imagination in older students. Finally, for high school and university learners, songs that can be used as preparation for adulthood/parenthood and springboards for discussion will be introduced. Audience participation required!
Organization: NanKyu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (NanKyu JALT)
Venue: Kumamoto Gakuen University, English Lounge (Building 1, 1F (map)
Location: Kumamoto City, Kumamoto Prefecture, Japan
Add this to iCal
Add to Outlook
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact NanKyu JALT
Email QR Code: