ETJ Certificate Course:
The Certificate in Teaching Japanese Students
Date: Sunday, June 9th, 2002 Time: 10:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Speaker: Rob Waring, Maurice Jamall, David Paul, Curtis Kelly
So many internationally-recognized training courses introduce theories and methodology which come out of European or North American teaching situations. Many of the assumptions behind these courses are less relevant in Japan. The Certificate in Teaching Japanese Students, now in its third year, is designed to address the specific needs of teachers in Japan. All ideas derive from classroom research, and trial-and-error experience in various kinds of Japanese teaching situations. The course is appropriate for teachers of Japanese junior / senior high school students, college students, and adults. There are two training days per year in four areas of Japan.
Two levels of Certification:
Certificates will be issued under the names 'Oxford University Press' and 'David English House,' both internationally-recognized organizations. To obtain the Introductory Certificate, it is necessary to attend one day of training (Spring or Fall) and write a report based on the training sessions attended. To obtain the Certificate, it is necessary to attend two one-day training courses (one in Spring and one in Fall) and write two reports. The order in which you attend is up to you.
Trainers for the Spring 2002 session:
All trainers are leading professionals in the field and have extensive teaching and teacher-training experience. The spring trainers are Dr. Rob Waring of Notre Dame Seishin Daigaku, Maurice Jamall of Seikei Daigaku, David Paul of David English House, and Curtis Kelly of Heian Jogakuin Daigaku. Their topics are:
Waring: Reading Skills - Methods and Applications
Jamall: Classic Classroom Activities
Paul: Motivation Techniques
Kelly: Interactive Speaking and Writing Activities
Organization: ETJ Certificate Course (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Certificate Course)
Cost: ETJ Members: 4,000
Non-members: 5,000 (but you can join ETJ for free and get the member's discount price)
Venue: Nagoya YMCA, 2-5-29 Kamimaezu, Naka-ku, Nagoya-shi 460-0013 (1-minute walk from Subway Kamimaezu Station)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Certificate Course
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 082-244-2633