Japanese Teachers MyShare and Saitama JALT Annual General Meeting
Date: Sunday, October 23rd, 2016 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Jun Harada, Patrixia Hayashi and Tyson Rode (Meikai University), Satoru Sakaki, Saori Kaji, Shunsuke Suto
A number of Japanese teachers with a wide variety of experience, ranging from young learners to university students, will be presenting at this event. Each presentation will be about 15 minutes in length.
- Jun Harada presents "Language Learners? No, They Are Little Shakespeares" Second language writing is such a cognitively demanding process that learners can hardly move beyond the level where they merely ?choose the right word to fill in the blank?. This presentation will discuss difficulties Japanese learners typically face and how to empower them to be confident writers.
- Patrizia Hayashi and Tyson Rode present "EIKEN: Skills and Strategies for Success" The EIKEN test is a popular form of language assessment for junior and senior high school students in Japan. Two educators from Meikai University will give a practical workshop on the Eiken Interview Test. The purpose of this workshop is to serve as an introduction to the Eiken Interview Test contents and procedures. In addition, the presenters suggest strategies, activities, and assessment methods to develop EIKEN skills and abilities in students.
- Satoru Sakaki presents "Building a Conversational Relationship with Your Students" Building a conversational relationship with your students will help you draw their attention to what you say in class. It seems just "imparting knowledge" sometimes doesn't work. Through my experience in teaching at several middle schools, high schools and universities, I have found it works. Let's share some skills in developing a conversational relationship with the students in class.
- Saori Kaji presents "Halloween Craft and Easy Games in a Small Kids Class" Children love "Go Away Monster". Let's get some face parts at a store and make an original monster. The presenter will introduce a shopping-style craft that is aimed at kindergarten-aged students and some easy games using Halloween characters for elementary school students.
- Shunsuke Suto presents "Masculine and Feminine Expressions Exist in English Too? - An Introduction to a Sociolinguistics Class
Saitama JALT Annual General Meeting (AGM)
Saitama JALT will also be holding its Annual General Meeting, or AGM, at the start of this event (2 p.m. sharp). We urge all Saitama JALT members to attend this meeting if at all possible as this is where we choose our executive board members for the coming year as well as discuss other important chapter business. All current Saitama JALT members are eligible to participate in the voting process and also nominate themselves for a position on our executive board.
Organization: Saitama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Saitama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Rental Space Holly, Saitama-shi, Urawa-ku (map: http://www.holly-creative.com/original.html)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Saitama JALT
Email QR Code: