Promoting Active Listening in the EFL/ESL Classroom
Date: Sunday, June 18th, 2017 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Chris Donaldson
Despite its obvious importance, listening as a language skill can often lack the focus placed on the other areas of language such as speaking, reading, and writing. Learning to listen actively can greatly improve a studentfs ability to achieve understanding. This workshop aims to help participants explore the concept of active listening in language teaching. Through a series of interactive activities participants will see what it is to listen actively and how effective it can be as a teaching tool. Finally, the workshop will present some interesting ways in which this concept can be applied in the classroom.
Organization: Nagoya Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagoya JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Nagoya International Center, 3F, Lecture Room 1
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagoya JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 052-781-4679
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 090-4265-0526