Using the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) to Improve Language Teaching in Japan
Date: Saturday, June 17th, 2017 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Morten Hunke (Aoyama Gakuin University)
The CEFR has now been available for more than 15 years and is an important point of reference in foreign language teaching. Despite research done on the CEFR in Japan, teachers often feel uncomfortable (having to) use it. The presentation will give a brief overview of the CEFR, its use and practical purposes and finally introduce a project to build a portal site as a hands on toolkit for teachers to utilise the CEFR effectively in their own classroom teaching. The purpose of this project is to develop a portal site to help stakeholders who are engaged in innovative language education reforms based on the CEFR.
Organization: Gifu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gifu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (first time free)
Venue: JR Gifu Heartful Square Room 50
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gifu JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 058-246-3744
Phone (work): 052-781-4734