West Tokyo JALT:
Design Thinking for Teachers
Date: Saturday, February 10th, 2018 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Rab Paterson (Educational Technologist)
Design thinking is the term used to describe the creative process designers use when working on products (of any kind) that will be used by others. As such they need to take into consideration a range of issues outwith the actual parameters of the product being made. This process then has a lot of potential to help teachers as we have to make lessons that are 'used' by others, either other teachers or by the ultimate consumers -the students. This workshop will aim to model in a hands-on way the mindsets needed to fully utilise the design thinking approach and will leave the attendees with some tools to get past mental roadblocks in their educational designing.
Organization: West Tokyo Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (West Tokyo JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Kyorin University Inokashira Campus E308 (Building E, third floor) Mitaka, Tokyo
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact West Tokyo JALT
Email QR Code: