Speaking Activities - Getting your students to speak out more in class
Date: Sunday, March 4th, 2018 Time: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Nena Hosonaka, Chadi Dubois, Chineze (Chinny) Mbakwe
Come join us for the first ETJ Tokyo workshop of 2018! Are you looking to get a jump start and fresh ideas for your classroom? Would you like to learn new techniques and activities for getting your students to speak out? Then you have found the right workshop. This new style of ETJ workshop will focus on active participation from all attendees and give as many teachers a chance to share.
Three presenters will share their personal successes when it comes to getting students to speak out and which activities have worked well. Each presenter will give a short presentation and then allow for time to share ideas. Groups can come up with activities and report on their ideas. Our goal is for everyone to take home a list of new ideas to use with their students on Monday.
Nena Hosonaka has decades of experience in education and especially a passion for young learners. Chadi Dubois owns his own school in Chiba and teaches very young children all the way to adults.
Chinny Mbakwe has been teaching as a junior high ALT and private teacher for over 3 years.
Organization: ETJ Tokyo (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Tokyo)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Nellie's Book Store, 3rd floor (access)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Tokyo
Email QR Code: