Speech, Drama and Debate SIG of JALT:
JALT Speech, Drama and Debate SIG Early Spring Conference and Retreat 2018
Date: Monday, March 26th, 2018 Time: 2:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Speaker: Call for papers due March 12
The JALT SD&D SIG will be holding its Early Spring Conference and Retreat 2018 in the famous hot springs town of Gero City in Gifu Prefecture. The theme of the conference is Performance-Assisted Learning: How to Get Your Materials Published. Presentation proposals can be on speech, drama, debate, or other topics related to performance-assisted learning. Presenters can present on the material they would like to publish. The presentation styles for the conference are PechaKucha (PowerPoint 20 slides X 20 seconds, automatically advanced) followed by 18 minutes of discussion time. (total of 25 minutes) OR Poster Session (55 minutes). To register, submit a presentation proposal or to find out more information on how to do a PechaKucha style presentation, please see the SD&D SIG Conference website.
There will be a networking event on the evening of March 26th from 17:30-19:00 at Izakaya Santoku near Gero Station. Please see the Conference website for more detailed information.
Organization: Speech, Drama and Debate Special Interest Group, Japan Association for Language Teaching (Speech, Drama and Debate SIG of JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: SDD SIG members 1,000 yen/day; JALT members 1,500 yen/day
Non-members: 2,000 yen/day, full-time university students 1,000yen/day
Venue: Gero Synergy Center ACTIVE, Gero City, Gifu Prefecture
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Speech, Drama and Debate SIG of JALT
Email QR Code: