Peer review in EFL writing and speaking
Date: Sunday, May 20th, 2018 Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Speaker: Steven Charles, Wayne Jackson
Session A: Peer review in writing gives students a chance to develop the ability to examine other students' papers which in turn helps them improve their own writing. Peer review skills can be lacking in many students, so it is the teacher's responsibility to teach these skills alongside teaching writing. In this presentation, Steven will show you this process as he conducts it in his classes and then give you the chance to review and evaluate writing in small groups.
Session B: Peer review of oral activities allows students to give each other feedback on their work, while also encouraging reflection on their own efforts. In the second presentation, Wayne will demonstrate how students can develop feedback skills that help them produce improved output themselves.
Organization: ETJ Aichi (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Aichi)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Nagoya International Center
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Aichi
Email QR Code: