Adapting Textbook Activities On the Spot
Date: Sunday, June 23rd, 2002 Time: 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Speaker: Rebecca Arthur, Poole Gakuin University
Despite the many benefits of using a textbook, there are bound to be mismatches between what the textbook has to offer and what the students need. In this workshop a variety of ways to adapt textbook activities so they are more suitable will be presented and practiced. These adaptations can be done on the spot, with almost no preparation. These adaptations can be made to activities of almost any level.
Organization: Niigata Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Niigata JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Niigata International Friendship Center
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Niigata JALT
Email QR Code: