Culture and the Language Classroom
Date: Sunday, June 16th, 2002 Time: 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Joshua Kurzweil and Brian Long
Language teachers need to be aware of the culture in their lessons and the impact it has on students. This workshop will focus on how language and culture intersect in the classroom utilizing a framework developed by Patrick Moran. The presenters will discuss their work with the culture underlying conversation strategies and invite participants to apply the framework to their own teaching situations and content.
Organization: Osaka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Osaka JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Tosabori YMCA (near subway Higobashi or Keihan Yodoyabashi stations)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Osaka JALT
Email QR Code: