Nice Talking With You!: Conversation Strategies and Timed Conversations
Date: Sunday, June 2nd, 2002 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Tom Kenny, of Nagoya University of Foreign Studies
Tom Kenny, of Nagoya University of Foreign Studies, will talk about how the practical speaking activity, timed conversation, motivates learners to practice real social conversation and keeps them speaking English only longer. He'll show videotapes of students using timed conversation and the essential conversation strategies that improve their fluency. Find out how it all works together with his popular conversation text, Nice Talking With You!
Organization: Himeji Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Himeji JALT)
Venue: Hanakita Shimin Hiroba (located directly across from Nozato Station, Bantan Line; plenty of free parking; from Himeji Station, train leaves at 13:50)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Himeji JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0792-92-8808