Scholastic: Children's Books Supporting All Learners
Date: Sunday, June 23rd, 2002 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Kumiko Takahashi and Kazue Mori
In this workshop, the speakers will introduce how to use Scholastic Phonics Workbooks, High Frequency Readers and Hello Readers. All of these books are designed to help your EFL learners develop their reading skills. These carefully graded books are baed on recent theories and research on language acquisition. The presenters will also introduce various supplementary materials and teacher resource books including learning activities and songs which accommodate the specific needs of different types of learners. This presentation promises to be an active, engaging one with ideas that can be adapted for teaching older students as well.
Organization: Gunma Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gunma JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: free this month (Sponsored by Scholastic)
Venue: Gunma Prefectural College of Health Sciences, Gunma Iryo Tankidaigaku (323-1Kamioki-machi, Maebashi)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gunma JALT
Email QR Code: