Child Development Tips for Teachers of Young Learners of English
Date: Sunday, June 23rd, 2002 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Aleda Krause, author of SuperKids and SuperTots
This demonstration will examine small children's stages of mental, physical and emotional development, and introduce activities that both fit their developmental level and match the concepts they are learning. Young learners are different from others -- they're still learning so much about their own language and the world around them that they approach everything they do as a learning experience. We need to fill our classes with experiences that involve and challenge their growing minds and bodies. The presentation will also touch on reasons for doing these activities, so participants can choose those that fit their own goals.
Organization: Chiba Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Chiba JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Roudousha Fukushi Center, room 306 (near Chiba Shiyakushomae on the JR monorail)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.