Inclusive Teaching Methods for the 1 In 10 Neurodiverse Learners In Mainstream Classes
Date: Saturday, April 27th, 2019 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Alex Burke
Inclusive teaching: make a difference for the 1 in 10 neurodiverse learners in your mainstream class. This presentation will examine how small changes will help you reach more of the students: including those with dyslexia, ADHD, dysgraphia and differences which affect classroom performance. Through better use of light, class layout, boards, realia, forms, colour, and testing methods, the whole class benefits, and this can help students complete higher levels of education. Small changes can change lives.
Organization: Gifu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gifu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen (first event free!)
Venue: Heartful Square 2F
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gifu JALT
Email QR Code: