Effective Language Learning Strategies and Techniques
Date: Saturday, June 22nd, 2002 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Dave Ragan
The presenter believes that every language learner needs a portable recorder to collect and review her target language. Come to this workshop to find out why and how.
We will learn about the STARS vocabulary study system, the review cycle, and flashing all using the old fashion vocabulary cards. The presenter will introduce very basic mind mapping and some other useful techniques and skills. Prticipants are requested to bring a portable recorder such as a cassette recorder or MD recorder or one of the newer IC chip recorders. These relatively cheap devices can greatly enhance your language learning if used correctly.
About the speaker: Jarrett Dave Ragan Jr. is an Assistant Professor of ESL at MSUA. He has been interested in how people learn since 1975 when he first successfully learned Spanish. This interest led him to teaching English in 1978 and to brain compatible learning and teaching in 1993.
Organization: Akita Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Akita JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (500 yen for a student)
Venue: GH-300, MSU-A (Minnesota State University Akita)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Akita JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0184-22-1562
Phone (work): 0184-22-1562