ETJ East Tokyo:
ETJ East Tokyo Workshop
Date: Sunday, November 1st, 2020 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Harumi Shige'eda and Nicky Sekino
Speaker 1: Harumi Shige'eda
Title: The brand-new textbooks for public elementary school grades 5-6
Outline: The presenter will introduce some textbooks and share the up-to-date information of Japanese elementary school studies.
Speaker 2: Nicky Sekino
Title: Some Ideas to Enlighten Your Class Atmosphere
Workshop Contents: He will introduce some ideas that will activate the class atmosphere. One of them, Zebra Erasing, is for the students to write first a story on the whiteboard. The teacher erases it and have students verbally read it. It is fun and makes students smile. Another idea, Orientation, works as an ice-breaker. The teacher brings a paper bag. Ask students to place a personal item. The teacher sees it, explains it, and guess whose item it is. He will introduce other activities. There is a book and kids teaching material exchange in this workshop. Good opportunity to pick up ones you like or get rid of materials no longer in use.
Organization: ETJ East Tokyo (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ East Tokyo)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Conf Room, 9F, Kameido Camellia Plaza, 2 min from Kameido Station (Sobu Line or Tobu Kameido Line), 2-19-1 Kameido Koto-ku Tokyo Ph: 03-5626-2121 map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ East Tokyo
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 070-6400-6464