Date: Saturday, October 12th, 2002 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: John Small
Most textbooks, far from being global, present a very limited picture of the world. The presenter will provide global issues teaching materials that include countries and situations generally ignored: street children in Brazil, factory slaves in Pakistan, etc. Methods for teaching these difficult topics to high school and low level university students include a unique adaptation of dictogloss, shadow talking, and summarizing. These exercises come from the presenter\'s non-profit, self-published text.
Organization: Kagoshima Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kagoshima JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 800 yen
Venue: Jellybeans Kousha Building 2F, near Shinysahiki Tram Stop
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kagoshima JALT