Teaching English to Young Learners through Kyogen, the Japanese Classical Comic Theater
Date: Saturday, March 5th, 2005 Time: 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Speaker: Harumi Yamada
The JALT Fukui March meeting will be a joint event with the Fukui School for the Blind. Ms. Yamada will talk about her experience of teaching English to young learners through the medium of 'Kyogen', the Japanese classical comic theater. She will suggest some ways in which Kyogen can be used for language teaching, to raise cultural awareness and practice real-life communication. The participants are invited to move to the Big Hall and enjoy the performance "Boshibari" by the students and the ALT. The performance starts at 2:30pm and it's open to public.
Organization: Fukui Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Fukui JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Fukui Kenmin Kaikan, Room 701 and the Big Hall
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Fukui JALT
Email QR Code: