An introduction to the uses of conversation analysis in the field of second language acquisition
Date: Sunday, March 20th, 2005 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Jack Barrow, Osaka International University
Jack Barrow has been developing a corpus of student-student conversations in English and analyzing the data using conversation analysis (CA). He is very interested in applying this approach to SLA and has recently presented on it at JSLS 2004 and JALT 2004. In Kansai, he has been hosting a data session for the past year and has found that many people are interested in learning about this approach. Jack will also share some great conversation data on students repairing themselves, cooperatively searching for words and initiating topics, and using electronic dictionaries for word searches.
Organization: Hokkaido Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hokkaido JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Venue: Hokkaido International School near Sumikawa Subway Station
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hokkaido JALT
Email QR Code: