Make Reading Easy and Fun! - with the Potato Pals
Date: Sunday, March 6th, 2005 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Oliver Bayley Oxford University Press
Oliver will guide participants through practical and enjoyable group-work activities and classroom ideas that will benefit all teachers of very young learners. Oliver will also introduce the Potato Pals, Oxford’s newest course for pre-school/kindergarten-aged children. All participants will receive a free Potato Pals reader. In the second half of the presentation, the speaker will look at the topic of reading - how to turn students of any age and interest into "Bookworms". Participants will look at how teachers are currently using graded readers in various schools, as well as some of the latest graded readers from Oxford University Press (including OUP's new series - Dolphins) and a variety of fun and effective activity types for students of all ages.
Organization: Toyohashi Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Toyohashi JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: free (sponsored by OUP)
Venue: Aichi University Bldg 5 - room 53A
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Toyohashi JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0532-88-2658
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0532-46-6299